Hammersmith Grove once had its own railway station, which opened in 1869. It was located on the east side of the Grove opposite the junction with Glenthorne Road. The office block 26-28 Hammersmith Grove now stands of the site of the station.
Trains running along the Great Western Railway and the Metropolitan Railway, now the Metropolitan Line, stopped here, as did trains from Waterloo that passed through what is now called Kensington Olympia but was then known at Addison Road.
The station was built on a curving viaduct and had two timber platforms and a large brick entrance. Part of the old viaduct at Studland Road Junction and a bridge abutment in Trussley Road can still be seen.